Got up early to sneek into a lock with Blue Angel@ 7:00am. It pays to leave early. The locks are an experience in themselves. The weather was warm, sunny but extra breezy from the south, of course, the direction that we're were going into. Went through another lock and still is amazing how far down you go (like 30 feet ) and then they open the gates, then you go like heck to get out of there. You feel like you are in a horse race!
We saw lots of barge trafftic today, but with Blue Angel and their AIS instrument, they let us know if any barges were coming down the river. After the last lock, Blue Angel said "You lead the way!". Wow, we thought, he trusts us :). We were able to see more more wild life without watching a boat in front of us. Thank you Jim :)
We are tied up at a marina in Senaca. It was so good to get out of the wind and white caps off of the Illinois River. Really, it reminded me of Lake Michigan!
It really can be very stressful watching all the barge traffic, but if you communicate they are very accomodating.
Yesterday, I was not a happy camper.....I must admit. With all the barge traffic, water turmoil, and probably dehydrated, I learned my lesson. Thank goodness Scot understood everything that I was going through. Today was much a better day.
Thanks to all of our family and friends that are praying and following us on our "honeymoon" adventure. Really, I can say that we will be different people when we return. Nature has been beautiful and worth the trip! Slow down and enjoy the ride.
I love the blog. I also got my gmail acct.
ReplyDeleteTook along time to figure it out!!! OMG
Now this is fun :)
I'm reading your blog daily, Nancy. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble commenting. Hopefully it will iron itself out soon. Your adventure honeymoon sounds very cool! xxoo
ReplyDelete