Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day #18 - Still on the Tennessee River

Still enjoying the river.  We were invited to a cookout hosted by our marina, Kentucky Dam Marina tonight. What a spread....pork, chicken, coleslaw, rolls, pork & beans, scalloped potatoes,etc. Then they had a raffle drawing and I (Nancy) won a 50%  off coupon at the marina store. I had my eye on an item that I really didn't want to pay full price for.....so now I can buy it!
The weather forecast calls for rain all day tomorrow, so we might stay here for another day. People are really friendly around here. Met Thomas B, 45 Nordic Tug, a very gorgeous boat, who has a condo in Clearwater, and told us to contact him when we are in his area. He said that Clearwater has changed so much that we wouldn't even recognize the downtown area. Scot and I love that area after vacationing with the kids during spring breaks when visiting Scot's parents in Port Richey.

"Thomas B"
 
                                     Life is good.....relax, enjoy or pray for a better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Uncle Benny would be so proud of the 2 of you. Lol

    We are enjoying the daily updates. Enjoy...

    Gloff fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought some readers might appreciate a broader view of scenic “Laake Barkley” ; so below find a link to an airplane flyover of the area. Think you'll understand Scot & Nancy's lingering there after seeing the video!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfeQGATABG8

    bucky terranova

    ReplyDelete